Simple Ways To Boost The Speed Of Your Magento eCommerce Website
The platform sets the elevation among all the eCommerce platforms worldwide because of its exclusive range of features.
However, a lot of professionals and businesses are complaining about the platform that it is too slow because of heavy CMS and some incomplete configuration and settings. Therefore, it is important to improve the speed of your Magento website by following some simple ways.
In this blog, you can find 10 highly simple yet effective ways to speed up your Magento eCommerce store, so let's have a quick look:
Editing .htaccess file:
Allow Output Compression:
It results in a smaller download size of all the components for the browser, so Magento pages loads quickly. You can find the below lines in you .htaccess file and just uncomment the right lines that will finally look like following to allow output compression.
Enable Expires Headers:We all know that browsers make use of Expires headers in order to find-out how long a page component can be cached. However, static components such as images must have been far-future expires; however, in reality, all page components should have expired headers.
For turning on this high-end feature , you just uncomment the appropriate line and make sure to add “ExpiresActive On” right above it. Have a look below:
You should also remember that if you are using a far future expires header, you have to change the components' filename whenever the component changes. To get more information, click here: http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html
Change default setting from Magento Admin
- Magento admin -> System Configuration -> Developer -> Under “CSS Settings”, change “Merge CSS Files” to YES
- Clear The Cache: Now, you ensure that you clear the cache. It is recommended that you note combining CSS/JS while using CDN will cause CSS/JS to break until the the CDN updates completely.
Enable Flat Catalog
- In the Magento Admin, go to System > Configuration > Catalog.
- Under “Frontend”, change “Use Flat Catalog Category” to YES.
- Under “Frontend”, change “Use Flat Catalog Product” to YES. (optional)
- Clear the cache.
Enable The Magento Compiler
Every single time when a page loads, this search is performed that result in different filesystem reads. The number of reads has been decreased by the Mage_Compiler by copying all the app files to a single include directory. Moreover, it also caches the most often used pages.
1. In the Magento Admin, go to System > Tools > Compilation.
2. Click “Run Compilation Process”
Log Cleaning Through Admin
- In the Magento Admin, go to System > Configuration.
- In the left menu under Advanced, click system.
- Under “Log Cleaning”, you can change “Enable Log Cleaning” to “yes” and configure the Save log for 14 days:
Clean Magento Database
So, these are some few things that one can do to make their website faster. Along with it, you can also contact a professional Magento developer, who can help you to make your store insanely fast.